The Marketing Project Manager manages and organizes projects and marketing deliverables (digital and traditional) with the goal of promoting the brand internally and externally with tools and integrated campaigns. The PM is responsible for understanding the needs of each project assigned, prioritizing delivery dates, and working with a multidisciplinary team across the organization to successfully complete each project, meeting all objectives on time and within budget.
- Establishes project timelines and ensures the deadlines are met with the allocated resources;
- Drafts and manages project budgets;
- Provides reporting and metrics on projects including timelines, estimated hours (level of effort), budget costs versus actuals and post project recaps;
- Scopes and understands the needs of each project to effectively prioritize delivery dates;
- Identifies problems that may arise within projects and proposes solutions;
- Serves as the main point of contact on projects to both internal and external stakeholders and keeps them up to date of any changes in status;
- Coordinates the efforts of marketing professionals to execute projects - including designers, media specialists, writers, marketing coordinators, and interns;
- Manages vendor negotiation and contracts for projects on an as needed basis;
- Works closely with sales, and product design to plan and implement marketing strategies such as online campaigns, brochures, signs, press releases and other materials that generate consumer awareness of the brand or a particular product line;
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates approval of same;
- Coordinates and attends internal and external update meetings and prepares agendas, status reports, presentation materials, and recaps.
- Works in close collaboration with colleagues and proposes marketing best practices that should be implemented;
- Contribute ideas and strategic input to develop innovative and profitable marketing initiatives;
- Understands the workings of the different areas of the business and project needs;
- Maintains a thorough understanding of planning, creative, and production processes;
- Any other related tasks linked to marketing and communications.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent ability to coordinate simultaneously many projects with deadlines;
- Good knowledge of web development and potential issues;
- Team player, strong leader and comfortable working in a cross-functional team environment;
- Able to analyze, synthetize and conceptualize;
- Excellent prioritization, organisation and time management skills;
- Curious, autonomous and resourceful;
- Ability to think through projects and assess resources;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field;
- PMP certification considered an asset;
- 2 to 5 years' experience in a similar position in an agency or a company;
- Project management experience with external partners and suppliers;
- Experience with web and print projects, familiar with development technologies and processes.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.