Vortex Aquatic Structures International Inc. is the world leader in aquatic play landscapes and entertainment. With installations at more than 7,000 locations around the world in public, commercial and entertainment settings, Vortex International provides imaginative, durable aquatic play and water feature solutions that create everlasting memories.
Founded in 1995, Vortex is an entrepreneurial company whose members value innovation and collaboration. It is currently seeking a motivated Sales Professional to develop its Illinois market. Based out of the Chicago area and reporting to the Sales Territory Manager for the region, the Sales Executive is responsible to grow business by generating new opportunities to sell cutting edge aquatic play solutions in the municipal and commercial markets in a given territory.
If you are a go-getter with a proven track record in growing a market who is autonomous and curious while still working and collaborating well in a team, then this could be the opportunity for you. More specifically, you will:
- Understand local market and local competition.
- Create a personal sales plan for developing business and meeting sales quota.
- Market Vortex solutions to potential customers using various sales methods according to the situation.
- Adapt sales pitch to specific audiences, using Vortex provided materials.
- Educate market (clients and key influencers) on Vortex experience.
- Follow up on leads.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Consult with clients in designing Vortex experiences, optimizing play value while meeting client needs and budget.
- Provide team members with detailed scope and needs of a project.
- Collaborate with inside sales team and project designers to prepare compelling proposals.
- Manage projects from initial meeting and design through to purchase collaborating with Vortex team and clients.
- Keep current on product knowledge and updates.
- Update CRM with all information pertinent to opportunities.
- Attend appropriate project meetings.
- Conduct site visits when needed.
- Keep Vortex team abreast of the developments of a project.
- Support customer service as needed to resolve technical issues on site.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to develop strong relationship with clients;
- Business acumen;
- Organized, with good time management skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Customer focused;
- At ease in a consultative selling environment;
- Ability to understand technical functionality of our products;
- Accustomed to using CRMs to track work.
Experience and Education
- 3-5 years Field Sales experience.
- Experience with complex sales
- Undergraduate degree in a business discipline
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.
Vortex is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.