Working as part of a multidisciplinary team including outside sales team, project designers and technical resources, the Sales Project Coordinator plays a vital role helping customer facing sales team to prepare quotes and the solution pitch that meets the customers expectations.
Responsibilities as a Sales Project Coordinator
- Collaborates with outside sales team and/or channel partners to design sustainable aquatic solutions, optimizing play value while meeting client needs and budget;
- Creates virtual project folders, including all pertinent information for client's project;
- Provides information to the project design team for the creation of 3D designs and technical documentation;
- Prepares project quotes and proposals, using various sales software tools including the CRM, a product configurator and a paperless proposal tool;
- Reviews all documentation going out to client for accuracy and precision and to ensure that it reflects the client's expectation;
- Gathers all information required for order placement and enters it into the CRM;
- Acts as liaison between channel partner, clients and internal teams including product development, logistics, accounting and customer service;
- Supports outside sales team with any task that will contribute to closing a sale or maintaining a client;
- Follows up on project status and updates CRM with all information pertinent to project status;
- Educates/trains end clients and channel partners on company philosophy and solutions;
- Keeps current on product knowledge and updates.
Skills and Competencies as a Sales Project Coordinator
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and internal team, both oral and written and particularly adept at communicating via email;
- Works and collaborates well in a team and able to establish credibility among working partners;
- Organized individual, with good time management skills, who consistently meets deadlines;
- Able to learn quickly and to follow a process;
- Demonstrates good judgement, patient, curious and flexible;
- Able to grasp moderately complex technical concepts;
- Able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously;
- Possesses a strong attention to detail;
- Engaged in providing excellent customer service;
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen;
- Bilingual, English and French, written and spoken
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suit;
- Knowledge or the ability to quickly learn sales software tools, knowledge of Salesforce.com an asset.
Experience and Education
- Undergraduate degree in a business discipline;
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience, project coordination and/or sales support
- Experience in an international setting an asset;
- Experience within the Recreational Infrastructures industry is an asset.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.