The financial analyst will work closely with the Controller. He will provide pertinent analysis, present financial reporting and internal controls and take care of tax matters. The financial analyst will work closely with his internal clients, more particularly with the production team.
• Analysis and reconciliation of the general ledger on a monthly basis, bank reconciliations, journal entries, inter-company reconciliations and other month-end closing tasks;
• Support and management of capital assets, accounts receivable and accounts payable, procurement and payroll tasks, and ensure compliance with company procedures and processes;
• Management and establishment of cash flow budgets;
• Preparing reports for the government - tax, sales tax, withholding taxes, etc .;
• Participation in the preparation and analysis of0 the monthly consolidated financial statements;
• Preparation of monthly information to be included in the reports;
• Preparation of files for the end of year audit;
• Support the controller for special projects
• Produce all the relevant analysis to explain the variances observed in monthly results
• Participate in the development of monitoring tools (dashboards) for all key operational aspects of the company's performance
• Participate in business process analysis and improvement projects.
Skills and competences:
• Bilingualism (French and English);
• 4 to 6 years of experience (cumulative experience in a firm and in a similar position);
• Hold a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Accounting
• CPA professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA);
• Have strong analytical skills, a high level of accuracy, a strong sense of organization while standing out for teamwork;
• Master the Office Suite, especially Excel and have experience working with an ERP system are essential assets;
• Be assertive with a great ability to listen and dialogue, be rigorous, have initiative as well as open to new ways of doing things, in a spirit of continuous improvement;
• Previous accounting experience in a manufacturing company or related field.