Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of designers, technical drafts people and engineers developing complex landscape and aquatic play park designs, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of projects that have been assigned to him/her, from award to installation. He/she acts as the liaison between the project sales lead and the technical disciplines involved in executing a project and is the main technical point of contact for the client. He/she may also provide technical support during the bidding stage where it pertains to feasibility of solutions, pricing and installation planning.
Projects in bid phase:
- Provide guidance and direction to the team when reviewing specific requests from clients on modification of existing products or proposal of new concepts;
- Determine product specifications by studying project design proposal, customer requirements and current products, completing technical studies and preparing cost estimates;
- Responsible for the execution of all assigned projects, according to the contract, the proposal, the plans, the budget and the schedule from a commercial, technical and legal standpoint, with client, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Once a project design has been sold, identify technical project phases and elements;
- Responsible for scope of work definition, project documentation planning and optimizing of collaboration/communication between internal resources
- Coordinate appropriate information flow among key stakeholders, including internal project team and customer to ensure smooth operation of technical aspects of project from start to finish;
- Meet with architects, designers and other engineers on a project to coordinate design and technical issues;
- Help customers/contractors with questions or problems related to the engineering design;
- Prepare and/or review technical documents , ensuring completeness and quality and expedite final documents to appropriate parties;
- Ensure that the required resources are present at time of installation;
- Ensure technical elements of projects are completed according to project plans, i.e. on schedule and within prescribed budget;
- Develop a good understanding of the safety standards for the different markets the company works in;
- Develop strong knowledge of water slide and other elevation technology and design ;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Competencies and skills required
- Strong communication skills
- Adept at maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to lead and influence
- Organized and proficient at time and priority management
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Initiative and good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Keen commercial awareness and understanding of the business implications of the decisions made.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, civil technical drawings
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Bilingual, French and English
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or other related to field;
- 2-5 years in project management ;
- Experience in construction and steel srutures/elevations, an asset.