The Order Coordinator works closely with the sales and production teams, to ensure the accurate and timely processing of all orders for projects and parts. He/she is the liaison with the client to track orders and information necessary for production.
- Enter the order data in our system of record;
- Make sure the information is complete and accurate and follow up with customers, sales representatives and distributors to obtain missing information and / or correct erroneous information;
- Coordinate delivery dates with the production planning department;
- Act as point of contact for the customer with regards to requests concerning delivery of the order or payment schedule. Involve partners in sales, production and accounting as required;
- In the case of ordering parts, coordinate returns of defective parts and follow up to ensure their prompt return;
- Participate in continuous improvement projects in the sector;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail coupled with successful time management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities;
- Works well in a team;
- Good business sense; excellent communication skills; computer savvy with excellent knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Self-starter with ability to take initiatives and strive under limited supervision;
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and experience in a manufacturing environment are assets.
Experience and Training
- College degree or equivalent experience;
- 0- 2 years experience in order processing;
- 1-3 years in coordination;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.