World leader in the design and manufacture of aquatic play and urban landscape solutions, Vortex Aquatic Structures International Inc. offers a unique, interactive, and adventurous play experience for the whole family. With a focus on innovation and product quality, Vortex aims to provide its clients with stunningly beautiful amusement sites that are both well engineered and environmentally friendly.
Vortex is currently looking for a Construction Foreman to oversee a project installation team (2 to 6 people) tasked with installing small to large water features in public parks, home owners associations, country clubs and hotels. The construction foreman is a well rounded hands-on person who is responsible for managing and directing a small mobile construction team with projects varying in size from 30K to 850K.
More specifically, he/she will:
- Pre-plan work activities to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
- Plan the day to day operations on assigned project and ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labor, tools, equipment and material. ·
- Take responsibility for crew performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and following company policies and procedures.
- Initiate follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers
- Maintain a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
- Extensive travel throughout the Midwest
- Experience in managing work crews
- Experience with site elevations, underground piping and general pluming
- Ability to operate small equipment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Works and collaborates well in a team
- Able to work outdoors
- A good driving record
- Commercial Driver's License - Class B
- Ability to travel 80% of the time between April and November
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
This job is full time with the following benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k + company match
- Paid Vacation
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in Vortex, however please note that only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.
Vortex is an Equal Opportunity Employer.