Vortex Aquatic Structures International is looking to add creative talent to its team. Vortex is an innovative leader in designing and manufacturing aquatic play solutions that are sold throughout the world. To respond to growing demands, Vortex is expanding its design and engineering team and is looking for innovative individuals.
Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, Industrial Designer s/ project leads are first and foremost designers who contribute to the product development process in all areas including ideation, concept design, technical development, and prototyping. As project leads, they also have complete oversight for the successful planning, coordination and execution of assigned product development projects to meet goals for innovation, quality, budget and schedule.
- Contribute to the product development process in the areas including ideation, concept design, technical development, and prototyping ;
- Participate in defining the project charter for product development projects;
- Define project parameters including the project brief;
- Communicate ideas and concepts using the most pertinent tools;
- Coordinate appropriate information flow and transfer among key stakeholders , including marketing, sales and engineering;
- Contribute to the brand experience with the creation of industry leading products;
- Through customer empathy studies define product design criteria;
- Oversee the testing of approved designs;
- Responsible for the functionality, style and safety of products created;
- Remain current with market trends and relevant product regulations;
- Perform any other related duties.
- Knowledge of product development processes;
- Knowledge of project management principles;
- Ability to sketch by hand;
- Must have an understanding of manufacturing methods and technologies related to steel, polymers and composite materials production;
- Understanding of human-centered design methodology;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Initiative and problem resolution skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Creative with an ability to provide feasible and effective product designs;
- Curious in nature with a desire for continuous professional development;
- Must possess a high degree of teamwork skills;
- Has commercial awareness (able to work out costing and budgets);
- Proficient at explaining ideas to people with varying levels of technical knowledge;
- Strong listening and questioning skills to discuss design briefs and understand feedback from colleagues.
Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years in industrial design in a manufacturing environment;
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design;
- Proficent in SolidWorks, MicroSoft office Suite;
- Bilingual, French and English written and spoken.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.