As the structural engineer in a multidisciplinary team composed of design, engineering and sales representatives, the structural engineer will work with the team to design, modify and value-engineer all products. These includes elevations, waterslide tower structural components, slides, bridges, stand-alone play products, etc. He/she will use their creativity and innovation to come up with sustainable solutions to ensure structures are complaint to applicable codes and standards.
- Perform structural analysis and design (follow the applicable codes and standards), prepare calculation reports and documentation required by contractors, clients, and certification bodies.
- Provide guidance and direction to the design team as to solutions and structural feasibility when reviewing specific requests from clients on modification of existing products or proposal of new concepts;
- Perform preliminary structural calculations in adherence to specified requirements to support presale proposal effort and costing;
- Develop a good understanding of the safety standards and applicable codes for the different markets the company works in and ensure that the team is educated and updated on them (Codes and Standards: NBCC, CSA, ANSI, ASCE, ASTM, ASME, IBC, EN, GB, etc.);
- Develop strong knowledge of water slides and other elevation technologies to be able to expand product offering;
- Verify drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for the installation of our products;
- Validating drawings for conformity to calculation reports;
- Maintain up to date the Vortex technical standard;
- Maintain up to date the document applicable structural codes per regional market;
- Researching and selecting optimal materials: steel, plastic, fiberglass, composite materials, concrete, etc.
Skills and competencies
- Strong communication skills;
- Committed to client service and technical excellence;
- Team player;
- Ability to lead and influence;
- Organized and proficient at time and priority management;
- Strong design ability with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Work effectively under pressure and on a fast-pace environment;
- Keen commercial awareness and understanding of the business implications of the decisions made;
- Advanced SAP2000 knowledge;
- Advanced AutoCAD, SolidWorks knowledge ("Simulation" is an asset);
- Knowledge in non-conventional materials (plastic, fiberglass, etc.), is an asset;
- Bilingual, French and English.
Experience and education
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- 5-7 years as a Structural Engineer (in a manufacturing environment, is an asset);
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in steel design (an asset);
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.