Always at the forefront of our industry, we are currently seeking a dynamic, talented individual to join our team as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for research and development activities leading to the development of new products and the improvement of existing products, in compliance with company vision, budgets and timelines. Product Development assignments can be broad in nature requiring initiative, originality, ingenuity and excellent problem-solving skills.
- As a member of multiple cross-disciplinary teams, provide mechanical design leadership in project development and execution;
- Lead, participate in or support the following product development activities for new and customized products:
- Project planning
- Identification of needs and goals for a new product, from function to aesthetics;
- Creation of designs using computer-aided design software;
- Creation and testing of prototypes;
- Monitoring prototype manufacturing including report writing;
- Delivery of specifications, drawings and procedures to manufacturing teams to begin production;
- Creation of technical drawings for customer use;
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and standards related to product development;
- Participate in production meetings in order to train the teams involved in the manufacturing of new products;
- Remain current with market trends and relevant product regulations;
- Contribute to the brand experience with the creation of industry leading products;
- Provide a variety of solutions to solve problems within the cost parameters;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Values collaboration
- Proficient at time and priority management
- Strong design ability
- Ability to analyze
- Ability to do research
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform complex calculations and write complex texts
- Ability to create technical drawings
- Advanced computer knowledge
- Bilingual, French and English
Experience and Education
- 4-6 years as a design engineer in a manufacturing environment;
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering;
- Experience in working in cross-disciplinary teams;
- Experience using Solidworks;
- Solid understanding of structural engineering;
- Member of the Order of Engineers.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.