Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is accountable to drive the development, implementation and execution of Talent Recruitment strategies that support an employee-oriented, high-performance culture which emphasizes innovation, collaboration, and customer satisfaction.
This is a highly visible role, where the sourcing efforts will have an immediate impact to the company's continued growth and employer brand recognition.
This position requires someone who takes people and culture seriously; someone who thrives in a rapid-growth, fast-paced environment and someone who lives and breathes our values. We're looking for an innovator and a thought leader!
As Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will:
- Drive talent acquisition efforts by performing the full recruitment process both for local and international needs (including assessing for culture fit);
- Initiate, develop and implement recruiting plans to ensure hiring deadlines are met consistently;
- Research and suggest continuous improvements to the processes and practices that guide our Talent Acquisition efforts;
- Seek out new and creative ways to find and engage the most passionate and high-potential candidates on the market today;
- Maintain a candidate pipeline with a focus on high potential/ high-quality candidates;
- Support development and implementation of a strong and compelling employment brand that positions Vortex as an Employer of Choice;
- Help define and execute on Vortex's employment branding initiatives, including recruiting events, job fairs, media campaigns, and the like;
- Build reputation by helping provide successful candidate experience;
- Research, establish and sustain alliances (Intern and Co-Op Programs) with educational or trade institutions to source future talent;
- Partner with the business leaders to provide them with expertise, tools and processes that enable attracting and engaging the right talent for the organization;
- Support and enhance working relationships with external search partners to facilitate the generation of high-quality candidates and to educate/ reinforce organizational Brand in the marketplace;
- Responsible for finalizing offer process, inclusive of reference checks, background screens and compensation requirements; manage the acceptance and turn downs of all candidates;
- Draft organization announcements - new hires/ re-organization as required;
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills/competencies:
- Successful track record of generating and developing a pipeline of top talent;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of market specific recruitment sourcing strategies to drive recruiting process and increase candidate funnel;
- Proactive by nature, with strong communication skills;
- Able to maintain a high sense of urgency without sacrificing accuracy and details;
- Able to communicate clearly with candidates as well as partners at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent organizational skills including planning and time management skills. Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment; can multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities;
- Solid understanding of social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and the ability to use these tools for sourcing methods;
- Effective oral and written communication;
- Experience recruiting in different markets and supporting hiring managers remotely would be an asset;
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all process, policies/procedures related to staffing;
- Excellent computer skills particularly of Microsoft Office Suite Programs;
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System;
- Fully Bilingual, French and English;
Experience and Training
- 3 plus years in a progressive recruiting role in a corporate environment;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- CRHA professional , or other HR professional order an asset.
At Vortex our goal is to connect - connect children, friends, families and communities through incredible play experiences using water.
Internally, we create connections as well through multidisciplinary teamwork and collaboration which we capitalize on not only to develop innovative solutions leading to these great play experiences, but also to create inspiring work experiences for our teams.
World leader in the aquatic play industry, Vortex Aquatic Structures International Inc. is specialized in the design, manufacturing, distribution, installation and sale of aquatic play products, which offer a unique design for interactive play in water for the whole family.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in Vortex, however please note that only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.