Working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of sales representatives', designers, technical drafters, engineers, manufacture and installers in aquatic play park designs, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of projects that have been assigned to him/her, from award to installation.
He/she acts as the liaison between the clients and all internal and external stakeholders in all facets of the execution of a project. He/she may also provide technical support during the bidding stage where it pertains to feasibility of solutions, pricing and installation planning.
Projects in bid phase
- Provide guidance and direction to the team when reviewing specific requests from clients on modification of existing products or proposal of new concepts;
- Determine product specifications by studying project design proposal, customer requirements and current products, completing technical studies and preparing cost estimates;
- Responsible for the execution of all assigned projects, according to the contract or purchase order based on the scope of work, the proposal, the budget and the schedule from a commercial, technical and legal standpoint, with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Once a project design has been sold, identify technical project phases and elements;
- Initiate, coordinate and maintain liaison with customers, owners including internal & external stakeholders to facilitate positively the project activities and relationships to ensure smooth execution on all aspects of project from start to finish;
- Meet as needed with customers, architects, designers and engineers on projects to coordinate design, technical issues, manufacturing, deliveries and installations;
- Prepares cost estimates, reviews progress and costs tracking;
- Carries-out an in-depth review and progress of all projects deliverables according to the schedule;
- Oversees that all projects are in compliance with Health, Building and Safety regulations;
- When part of our scope, ensure that the required resources are present at time of installation. Secures and manages all required permits & licences with the construction team;
- Negotiates terms and conditions, prepares contracts and purchase orders for subcontractors and suppliers outside of manufacturing.
- Understands all facets of the construction process including civil, concrete, plumbing and electrical work;
- Prepare and/or review technical documents , ensuring completeness and quality and expedite final documents to appropriate parties;
- Update project tasks and identify risks;
- For waterslide projects, compile hardware and material take-offs;
- Ensure quality standard are met at every step of the project including installation, walk-through with clients and that any remaining issues are closed diligently to the customer satisfaction;
- Prepare lessons-learned at the end of each major projects or as needed;
- Reviewing any additional cost and change orders;
- Develop a good understanding of the safety standards for the different markets the company works in and ensure that the team is educated and updated on them;
- Develop strong knowledge of Splashpads, Elevations and Water slide including design & technologies;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Competencies and skills required
- Strong communication skills & Teamwork oriented
- Adept at maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to lead and influence
- Organized and proficient at time and priority management
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Initiative and good problem-solving skills
- Attention to details and schedule driven
- Positive attitude and able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Keen commercial awareness and understanding of the business implications of the decisions made.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, civil and other technical drawings
- Advanced computer knowledge
Experience and education
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or civil or construction engineering or other related field;
- 2-5 years in project management.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.
Vortex is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.