The Project Designer works in a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for developing and designing large/custom elevation solutions & waterslides according to client needs and budget.
- Working with members of the sales team and the customer to develop and design large/custom elevation solutions and waterslides, using CAD and 3D CAD modeling software, respecting the needs and environment of the client as well as the project budget;
- Ensure compliance with current standards in terms of product layout and play experience;
- Carry out the graphical editing of proposals, using graphic editing software (i.e.: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator);
- Add visual effects such as decor, water effects and characters;
- Select the photos and images to be integrated into the proposal and take care of the layout of the document;
- If necessary, meet with the client to discuss and / or present the concept;
- Design customized products as required;
- Participate in ideation brainstorming sessions for new product/solution development;
- Stay abreast of market trends and product regulations;
- Participate/lead continuous improvement initiatives touching waterslide and elevation design.
Competencies and skills required
- Proficient using Solidworks and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator)
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to manage time and priorities and work at a fast pace
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Able to read architectural plans
- Keen eye for aesthetics and colors
Experience and Training
- 1-3 year's experience in a similar role;
- Diploma in Industrial design, 3d animation & computer generated imagery or related program of study
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of Autocad and Solidworks
At Vortex our goal is to connect - connect children, friends, families and communities through incredible play experiences using water.
Internally, we create connections as well through multidisciplinary teamwork and collaboration which we capitalize on not only to develop innovative solutions leading to these great play experiences, but also to create inspiring work experiences for our teams.
World leader in the aquatic play industry, Vortex Aquatic Structures International Inc. is specialized in the design, manufacturing, distribution, installation and sale of aquatic play products, which offer a unique design for interactive play in water for the whole family.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in Vortex, however please note that only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.